Re: What is GNU ELPA?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: What is GNU ELPA?
Date: Sun, 17 May 2020 23:46:32 -0400

The basic idea of the free software movement is that nonfree software
is an injustice and it should not exist.  We tell people it is a problem
we aim to eliminate.

We take this issue very seriously, so we have a rule not to say
anything that might suggest the use of nonfree software.  We don't
mention the existence of a program if it can't be used in the Free
World.  See the GNU Coding standards in gnu.org/prep/standards, node