Re: What capabilities do you wish terminal emulators would report?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: What capabilities do you wish terminal emulators would report?
Date: Fri, 15 May 2020 14:19:26 +0300

> From: George Nachman <address@hidden>
> Date: Sat, 9 May 2020 12:41:45 -0700
> Cc: Daniel Colascione <address@hidden>, address@hidden
>
> Please respond on this thread and I'll update the spreadsheet, or else add a
> comment to the spreadsheet. I
> don't want to open up write access to the world because that would be total
> chaos.

Color capabilities: Emacs supports 24-bit colors on capable terminals.
OSC 52: I think Emacs supports that on capable terminals, but I'm
confused by the references to base-64 encoding there, so maybe I'm
wrong.
SGR mouse: Emacs has full support for the mouse.
UTF-8 support: Check.
AMBIGUOUS_FULLWIDTH: Not quite sure what this is about, but Emacs does
support fullwidth characters per East-Asian Width defined by the
latest Unicode Standard.
Unicode version: Emacs supports the latest one.
RTL/BIDI: Emacs supports bidirectional editing per UAX#9 of the latest
Unicode Standard version.
Title setting: Supported.
Bracketed paste: Supported.
Focus reporting: Supported.