Re: Imports / inclusion of s.el into Emacs

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Imports / inclusion of s.el into Emacs
Date: Fri, 01 May 2020 14:09:43 -0400

> Just wanted to voice my support for exactly the points that Dmitry makes.
> And if we do add it to Elpa, can we give it a slightly longer prefix? Like
> 'cljstr`?

I don't think renaming it will fly.  We should definitely add it to GNU
ELPA because it's used by many other Elisp packages.  But renaming would
be self-defeating some all those packages won't want to go through
the renaming.

But for Emacs itself, we could probably rename some existing
functions to use the `string-` prefix and maybe incorporate some ideas
from s.el (I haven't looked very much into it, so I have no idea how
much there is to incorporate, but I assume there are some good ideas).

        Stefan