Re: Why mouse-1/2/3 ?

From: Pip Cet
Subject: Re: Why mouse-1/2/3 ?
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2020 09:47:44 +0000

On Mon, Apr 27, 2020 at 9:42 AM <address@hidden> wrote:

> [lots of explanations...]

As far as I can tell, we're missing one explanation: mice might be on
their way out, people use touch-sensitive surfaces (both the sensible
input-only kind and the silly kind where you can't see what you're
interacting with because your finger's in the way) and a single-finger
tap (on whatever) stands for mouse-1. In my case, double and triple
finger taps translate to mouse-2 and mouse-3 (but I think the more
usual mapping is for a long tap to mean mouse-3 and no mouse-2), and
that's easy enough to remember.