Re: How to poll the users

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: How to poll the users
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2020 22:22:41 -0400

  > But it would be good to _announce_ a poll in
  > more places than just the Emacs mailing lists.

  > A poll can be _announced_, with instructions
  > for participating and an indication of what
  > the poll is about, on non-GNU sites such as
  > those mentioned so far - Reddit and the
  > various Stack Exchange sites (especially
  > emacs.StackExchange and StackOverflow).

  > Plus an announcement by Sasha on her blog and
  > her Emacs-news mail to address@hidden.

All that sounds good.  The more, the merrier.
(But who is Sasha?)

Nowadays we would want to make a web page with
info about the poll; we could post references to it
everywhere that makes sense.

  > That way to participate could be just what
  > has been done in the past - by email.

That is the way that makes sense.

                                           Or it
  > could be by way of a GNU Emacs website.

That would be possible in principle, but inconvenient to set up and to
use.  We want people to give complete answers, not force their

Dr Richard Stallman