Re: High-res Customize icons

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: High-res Customize icons
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2020 22:14:42 +0300

> From: Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>
> Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2020 11:44:03 -0400
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> But SVG support is a lot more problematic than fonts support.
> Both in practice and in theory (the theory part being that AFAIK the
> definition of SVG includes the whole of HTML5, including Javascript and
> the rest of the kitchen sink).
>
> I don't know of any no good widely supported vector graphics format
> that's not terribly complex.

Why should we care how complex is the format.  We are not going to
reimplement librsvg, that's why we use that library.  As long as the
library we use can handle whatever complexity needs to be handled, we
are home free.

I understand that it's tempting to use fonts because of simplicity,
but we should resist that temptation, IMO.  The alternative is not too
hard to use, and it's the right way of doing this stuff.