Re: High-res Customize icons

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: High-res Customize icons
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2020 22:12:04 +0300

> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden
> From: Clément Pit-Claudel <address@hidden>
> Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2020 11:49:04 -0400
>
> I agree, but we need to solve two concrete issues with SVG scalable images
> before they are usable:
>
> * Automatic scaling (changing the font size automatically resizes icon fonts,
> but not images)
> * Adjusting the background color (currently the SVG renderer uses the
> background color of the default face, while icon fonts use the right
> background color)

So let's fix them, that doesn't sound too difficult.

I really don't like using fonts for this purpose.  Fonts are not there
to display icons, they are to display characters, and the Emacs
machinery that uses fonts is designed for that purpose.  Building
basic features on such tricks is IME a bad investment.