Re: GDI+ take 3

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: GDI+ take 3
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2020 20:49:52 +0200

On Sat, Apr 18, 2020 at 8:04 PM Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

> Btw, one reason for latency could be GC.  Juanma, if you turn on
> garbage-collection-messages, do you see that GC runs in the middle of
> an animation, when we stop the animation too early?

There seems to be no clear correlation.

I've tested a few times, and in the cases where the animation stops early,
the gc message is shown after the animation stops. In the occasions where
the animation runs correctly up to the end, there are gc messages while
the animation is running, but they don't seem to affect it.