Re: GDI+ take 3

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: GDI+ take 3
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2020 17:56:41 +0200

On Sat, Apr 18, 2020 at 3:39 PM Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

> I think I've just seen what Juanma describes -- but with libgif.  I
> saw it only once, and couldn't reproduce afterwards.  But I think this
> means that the problem is not with the w32image.c code, it's somewhere
> else.

I haven't yet seen it with libgif, only with the native API. But, on the
other hand, that's not entirely unexpected because I've tried the image
many more times with the native API.

I thought it always failed, but testing it now I realized it fails only
some times. Still, at least in my case, it fails more often than not. But
I've been surprised a few times by the animation working right after the
first <RET>.

That happening / not happening suggest we're accessing some
uninitialized
memory or some such, I suspect.

> Juanma, if you still can reproduce the problem at will, please step
> through the code which performs the animation, and tell what you see
> there that causes the animation to stop prematurely.  Some of the
> animation happens in Lisp, so it 's a bit tricky to "step through it",
> but if you can reliably reproduce, just discovering what stops the
> animation would be an important step forward.

I'll do.