Re: [ELPA] New package: scanner

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: [ELPA] New package: scanner
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2020 14:13:37 -0400

> I have made a simple document scanning package that I would like to
> contribute to ELPA.  The source can be found here:
> https://gitlab.com/rstocker/scanner.git

Thanks, added.

Beside some technical details I had to tweak as part of the addition,
I noticed another problem: you add a submenu to the global menus (which
I guess is fine), but some of the commands in that menu are not
autoloaded so selecting them signals an error.  You should probably
"disable/grey" them until the package is loaded, or add autoloads, or

I'm also wondering why you need all those `:key-sequence nil` in the menu.
Maybe it reflects a bug in our code?

        Stefan