Re: intervals.c:1190: Emacs fatal error: assertion failed: amt == 0

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: intervals.c:1190: Emacs fatal error: assertion failed: amt == 0
Date: Sun, 05 Apr 2020 07:42:29 +0200 (CEST)

> A reproducing recipe sounds like the best approach.  Unless someone
> could spot the problem just by looking at the code.

OK, here it is.

1. Save your '~/Mail' order in case you have one, then do

     mkdir Mail
     cd Mail
     mkdir inbox

   in your home directory.  Uncompress and copy the attached file
   '633.gz' into the just created 'inbox' directory.

2. Install mew.  I do this directly from the git repository.

     git clone git://github.com/kazu-yamamoto/Mew.git
     cd Mew
     ./configure
     make
     make install

   Let's assume this gets installed into the default location

     /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/mew

3. Start emacs in 'src' directory with

     gdb --args ./emacs -Q

4. In the '*scratch*' buffer, evaluate

     (add-to-list 'load-path "/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/mew")

5. Execute

     load-library mew
     mew

And voilĂ .