Re: intervals.c:1190: Emacs fatal error: assertion failed: amt == 0

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: intervals.c:1190: Emacs fatal error: assertion failed: amt == 0
Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2020 15:27:21 +0200 (CEST)

>> [f28166dc9a56111606be8ac50ad38179a66ea636 from today]
>>
>> This bug is reproducible: I'm using 'mew' as my e-mail reader, and
>> one of the inbox messages (already delivered as one file per
>> message to a mew folder) causes the failure while the overview of
>> e-mails gets (re)generated.
>
> Thanks.  Any hope of having a reproducible recipe that doesn't
> involve that particular message and/or mew?

Alas, no.  I'm willing to help with further analysis if you tell me
what to do.

I'm attaching the problematic e-mail; however, I decoded it with
'munpack -t' and also with a small perl script to get the header lines
in standard UTF8, and Emacs was able to read this data just fine.

For bisecting the issue, what date or commit do you suggest as the
starting point for testing?

> Alternatively, does reverting
> dc3006cf1419e5b22c35fa36d79ba029d0482df1 make this problem go away?

No, it doesn't.

    Werner

PS: If I call 'gdb ./emacs' in the build directory, which .elc files
    from Emacs are read and used?  The installed ones (from a previous
    installation), or the ones in the build tree?
--- Begin Message --- Subject: 口罩生产厂家,可零售,可批发,价格公道 Date: 1 Apr 2020 20:03:36 +0800

口罩生产厂家,可零售,可批发,价格公道

一箱2000个,每箱40盒,每盒50个

可按盒发货,欢迎咨询

 Q Q  : 3358399770