Re: [SPAM UNSURE] Re: Reliable after-change-functions (via: Using increm

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [SPAM UNSURE] Re: Reliable after-change-functions (via: Using incremental parsing in Emacs)
Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2020 15:44:06 +0300

> From: Robert Pluim <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden,  address@hidden
> Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2020 13:09:34 +0200
>
>     Eli> Not only raw bytes: also some characters that cannot be unified with
>     Eli> Unicode.
>
> And again: how likely are those characters to be in source code?

Probably not too likely, but we need to have a solution for when they
do happen.

I guess a useful first step would be for someone to find out what does
tree-sitter do when it encounters such byte sequences.  We can then
devise a solution that will produce good results, preferably without
the need to ask tree-sitter developers to cater to these situations.