Re: :alnum: broken?

From: Mattias Engdegård
Subject: Re: :alnum: broken?
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2020 15:10:46 +0100

I just made this very mistake while adding a new regexp-error checking feature
to xr. Needless to say I now am strongly in favour of turning it into a hard
error.

Patch attached. It was written for master, but I would suggest it go in
emacs-27.

The error message could be improved. For the benefit of isearch-forward-regexp,
it's probably a good idea if it doesn't start or end in a square bracket.