RE: :alnum: broken?

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: :alnum: broken?
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2020 07:40:39 -0800 (PST)

>   > 1. Warning during regexp input (e.g. regexp Isearch)
>   >    would likely, itself, be quite confusing or
>   >    annoying.
>
> Maybe there is a way to do it that won't be confusing.
> If it waits until you type RET to finish the regexp.
> then flashes a warning on the screen for two seconds or until there is
> more input, it might be clear and not annoying.

If such a way is found, and especially if it's
user-configurable (e.g. users can turn it off,
without just turning off all warnings), that
would be a good thing, indeed.

Wrt RET: I was thinking mostly of regexp isearch.
In that case, RET ends searching, so I don't see
that particular part as being appropriate.  But
I take the general idea that perhaps something
could be done.