Re: building the docs

From: Jean-Christophe Helary
Subject: Re: building the docs
Date: Thu, 16 May 2019 15:59:11 +0900

On May 16, 2019, at 15:52, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

On May 16, 2019 9:15:09 AM GMT+03:00, Jean-Christophe Helary <address@hidden> wrote:
For some reason, make docs only produces an elisp.pdf with:

------
Index (p 1225)

(Index is nonexistent)

------

Not sure I understand: you get no Index at all, or do you get an empty Index?

I get an index page with (Index is nonexistent) instead of an index.

Is your TeX and Texinfo installation functional?

I'd say yes. But obviously it is no...

 Can you produce PDF manuals with indices for some other package?

I only use texinfo for emacs docs. It looks like all the manuals in /misc have an index page that says (Index is nonexistent).

 If not, perhaps something is wrong with texindex or with texi2pdf?

I removed texinfo and reinstalled it. And that's what I get. Since I use brew on macos to manage texinfo and have never tried to install it by hand, I guess that's a recent update from the package that's causing the glitch since I don't seem to remember having such issues in the relatively recent past...

The underfull box thingies are not fatal, just ignore them.

Thank you.

Jean-Christophe Helary
http://mac4translators.blogspot.com @brandelune