Re: building the docs

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: building the docs
Date: Thu, 16 May 2019 09:52:14 +0300

On May 16, 2019 9:15:09 AM GMT+03:00, Jean-Christophe Helary <address@hidden>
wrote:
> For some reason, make docs only produces an elisp.pdf with:
>
> ------
> Index (p 1225)
>
> (Index is nonexistent)
>
> ------
>
> The first error I get is:
>
> [51] [52] [53] [54] [55] [56]
> Underfull \hbox (badness 10000) in paragraph at lines 504--507
>
> Then comes a long list of "underfull badness"...
>

> emacs.pdf similarly comes with a lack of index, as does
> emacs-lisp-intro.pdf, and all the manuals that come in /misc...
>
> Do you have hints for debugging this ?
>

> Jean-Christophe Helary
> http://mac4translators.blogspot.com @brandelune

Not sure I understand: you get no Index at all, or do you get an empty Index?

Is your TeX and Texinfo installation functional?  Can you produce PDF manuals
with indices for some other package?  If not, perhaps something is wrong with
texindex or with texi2pdf?

The underfull box thingies are not fatal, just ignore them.