Re: Emacs 26.2 RC1 is out!

From: Nicolas Petton
Subject: Re: Emacs 26.2 RC1 is out!
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2019 21:50:14 +0100

Andy Moreton <address@hidden> writes:

>> As it is a release candidate, the tarball contains some changes related
>> to the Emacs version being 26.2 and its release date (currently set to
>> the 27th) that should not be pushed yet.

I'm putting Glenn in Cc, I believe he wrote that part of the
documentation.

> A tarball for distribution should not contain anything that has not
> been committed to version control.

I agree with that, but it's not the current process as described in
admin/make-tarball.txt.  I'm fine with tagging RCs and pushing files
with unreleased version numbers, but then I will adjust the content of
make-tarball.txt.

Cheers,
Nico