Re: [RFE] Migration to gitlab

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [RFE] Migration to gitlab
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2019 21:03:10 +0200

> From: Philippe Vaucher <address@hidden>
> Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2019 18:54:32 +0100
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>, Tim Cross <address@hidden>,
>       Dmitry Gutov <address@hidden>, Konstantin Kharlamov <address@hidden>,
>       Emacs developers <address@hidden>
>
> If the Emacs maintainers decide not to add the gitlab workflow it's fine by
> me, I'm not on a quest to convince
> everyone. I think you should, but I understand if you don't.

Such significant changes in our processes cannot be done by
"deciding".  It's a large job that needs motivated individuals to do
it.  Doing it also requires first-hand knowledge of our maintenance
procedures and special needs.

So if someone wants to make this happen, I urge you to come on board,
get involved in maintenance, collect some real-life experience in
routine development and maintenance tasks, and then lead the change,
doing most of the work yourself.  And yes, Savannah will most probably
be a large part of the equation, so you will need their cooperation as
well.