Re: Replace trivial pcase occurrences in the Emacs sources

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: Replace trivial pcase occurrences in the Emacs sources
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2018 19:55:23 +0100

Dmitry Gutov <address@hidden> writes:

> Yeah, so we could say a pattern is a "destructuring" one if it
> introduces new bindings, so to speak.

I wouldn't call a `let' or `app' pattern that introduces a new binding
destructuring per se.  OTOH, I would call a pattern using ` that tests
e.g. the car of the matched object with e.g. `pred' destructuring even
if that car is not bound to a variable.

With other words: I would say a pattern where subpatterns are matched
against parts of a compound object is desctructuring.

Michael.