Re: Replace trivial pcase occurrences in the Emacs sources

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Replace trivial pcase occurrences in the Emacs sources
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2018 18:33:43 +0200

On 31.10.2018 18:27, Dmitry Gutov wrote:
On 31.10.2018 18:13, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

Ah, the elements that are assigned by destructuring?  I indeed hoped
we could identify in some way the patterns which satisfy that
condition.  I didn't give up yet.

Yeah, so we could say a pattern is a "destructuring" one if it introduces new bindings, so to speak.

Not sure if it will help with the manual entries, though.

...after all, a destructuring construct like pcase-dolist or pcase-let doesn't *have to* be used with destructuring patterns as defined above.

It would simply be pointless to do otherwise, most of the time, but they can be used with simple ones, too.