Re: Change of Lisp syntax for "fancy" quotes in Emacs 27?

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: Change of Lisp syntax for "fancy" quotes in Emacs 27?
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2018 09:17:07 -0700

Drew Adams wrote:
The right approach is to let Lisp tell you about its syntax... we should _let
Lisp judge_

This seems to be assuming that there is something out there called "Lisp" that tells us what to do. That's entirely backwards. Lisp is our servant, not our master. Lisp syntax should be whatever the best syntax we can come up with, to help us and our users do our work, and this should be the way we think and write about it.