Re: Some developement questions

From: Phillip Lord
Subject: Re: Some developement questions
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2018 15:07:34 +0200

> The existing TUTORIAL file is designed so that you try out the commands
> while editing TUTORIAL itself.
>
> I get the impression that the proposed new tutorial doesn't do that.
>
> What are the intended advantages of the new one?

Yeah. Most of that stuff is "move cursor back and forward". It's too
slow for most new users and freaks them out. While it was well intended
at the time, I think, it is now a negative feature of the tutorial.

I would like to add automation which would work better. So where it says
"create a new frame", it would be nice to have a click button which
actually does this for you.

The advantage of dumping the "you can edit this file" stuff is that a)
the code gets much simpler, because you don't have to store the users
copy and b) we should be able to use some rich text visualisation to put
images, screenshots as well as the clickable buttons described in the
last paragraph.

At the moment, I have done none of this more intelligent stuff however.

Phil