Re: Tramp as ELPA package

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Tramp as ELPA package
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2018 09:12:12 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Eli,

> Not sure I understand the question.  You provide the files for the
> package, don't you?  And 'dir' is just a file to provide, no?  So run
> install-info on your system, where you already have the manual
> formatted into Info files, and then add the produced 'dir' file to the
> repository.

An ELPA core package contains only files from the Emacs repository. In
the file "externals-list" of the elpa git repository you declare, which
files belong to this package. That's all. For Tramp, I would add the
following lines:

 ("tramp"               :core ("lisp/net/tramp.el" "lisp/net/tramp-adb.el"
                               "lisp/net/tramp-cache.el"
"lisp/net/tramp-cmds.el"
                               "lisp/net/tramp-compat.el"
"lisp/net/tramp-ftp.el"
                               "lisp/net/tramp-gvfs.el"
"lisp/net/tramp-loaddefs.el"
                               "lisp/net/tramp-sh.el" "lisp/net/tramp-smb.el"
                               "lisp/net/tramp-uu.el" "lisp/net/trampver.el"
                               ("doc/misc/tramp.texi" "doc/tramp.texi")
                               ("doc/misc/trampver.texi" "doc/trampver.texi")
                               "info/tramp.info"
                               ("test/lisp/net/tramp-tests.el"
"test/tramp-tests.el")))

I don't see, how a "dir" file fits into this interface.

Best regards, Michael.