Re: Should this package be included into the NS port?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Should this package be included into the NS port?
Date: Thu, 24 May 2018 21:14:55 +0300

> From: Philipp Stephani <address@hidden>
> Date: Thu, 24 May 2018 19:46:19 +0200
> Cc: Alan Third <address@hidden>, address@hidden, address@hidden,
>       address@hidden, address@hidden
>
> What's the "input thread" in the Windows implementation?

Not sure what kind of answer did you want to that.  You can find an
overview of how this stuff works in the w32 port around line 3250 of
w32fns.c; the "input thread" I alluded to is the one that runs the
message pump and the related window proc function.

> At least on macOS the UI thread (i.e. the thread
> that creates windows and handles events) must be the main thread, which means
> the Lisp interpreter thread
> (s) should become background threads.

There's no such limitation on Windows, so the main thread runs Lisp.