Re: Should this package be included into the NS port?

From: George Plymale II
Subject: Re: Should this package be included into the NS port?
Date: Tue, 29 May 2018 17:29:09 -0400

Hi again folks,

The discourse so far regarding this issue has been very interesting. It
seems there's been a lot of back-and-forth about how to solve this issue
in the core. I won't reiterate or re-hash all of it here, but suffice it
to say that it seems this brings some significant difficulties due to
the way Emacs and the NS machinery cooperate. I'm still wondering if
perhaps we shouldn't just put the band-aid of osx-pseudo-daemon on the
problem for now.

I don't want anyone to feel over-burdened with the task of taking on
this issue or to feel out of their depth, so I'm just putting this on
the table once more. I talked to Ryan C. Thompson on Github the other
day; he said he's already signed the FSF paperwork so his package should
be acceptable into the core with little to no issues on that front.

I think this package will be a significantly easier solution for the
time being (if incomplete), and it will give us a little more time to
mull over how to solve the real problem for good.

Thanks,
- George Plymale II