Re: update intro to Emacs Lisp programming

From: Jean-Christophe Helary
Subject: Re: update intro to Emacs Lisp programming
Date: Fri, 18 May 2018 21:16:24 +0900

On May 18, 2018, at 11:33, Richard Stallman <address@hidden> wrote:

[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]

The problem with the introduction is that it was written when
programming was only starting to be a skill "normal" people could
have access to.

This book is intentionally addressed to people who don't know how to
program.  That is its purpose.  We recommend people start learning to
program using this book.

I am fully aware of that. Let me restate what I wrote. The book was written at a time when computer where not common and programming was a skill you could only learn from *books*.

Jean-Christophe Helary
http://mac4translators.blogspot.com @brandelune