Re: Making Emacs Manuals Available as PDF Files

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Making Emacs Manuals Available as PDF Files
Date: Fri, 11 May 2018 09:44:01 +0300

> From: Van L <address@hidden>
> Date: Fri, 11 May 2018 14:32:36 +1000
> Cc: Emacs developers <address@hidden>
>
> Is there a process to footnote release being different to documentation?
>
> For example, emacs 26.1 rc-1:
>
> but both aren’t there.

This is in Introduction to Emacs Lisp.  That manual wasn't seriously
reviewed since long ago, perhaps never.  Reports about incorrect and
outdated stuff there are welcome.

That said, I think you may be misinterpreting the text.  It says that
split-window-quietly is part of slowsplit.el, not that it's part of
Emacs.  I indeed didn't find slowsplit.el in the 10 sec I invested
into looking for it on the net, but that doesn't mean it doesn't
exist, and AFAIU doesn't diminish from the point the text in question
tries to make.  The point the text is trying to make is how to load
and customize extensions to Emacs that are not bundled with the
official distribution.  Whether slowsplit.wl exists or not is pretty
much immaterial for that.

Thanks.