Re: An idea, now that we have dynamic loading

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: An idea, now that we have dynamic loading
Date: Thu, 10 May 2018 07:58:50 -0600

>>>>> "John" == John Wiegley <address@hidden> writes:

John> However, what if we had a compiler from Emacs Lisp -> Lisp-flavored C,
which
John> could turn .el files into .c files suitable for compiling into .so's that
can
John> be loaded into Emacs?

https://github.com/tromey/el-compilador

This still has a bunch of bugs but it has successfully turned some elisp
into C.  I have an emacs branch where I replaced some of the code in
subr.c with elisp.

Tom