Re: Rename, delete and move current buffer and file

From: Van L
Subject: Re: Rename, delete and move current buffer and file
Date: Thu, 10 May 2018 23:18:04 +1000

> Jarosław Rzeszótko writes:
>
> This might be a personal thing, but Dired for a quick rename is a bit like
> killing a fly with a cannon. I find anything involving additional buffers
> distracting when I am focused on changing a set of files - I am typically
> refactoring a program, which already involves keeping some items in working
> memory.

The way a mechanism like `uservoice’ for demand driven development might work
in this case is for the programmer to make the suggestion and post their idea
as solved already in elisp snippet for voting on the next step.

I bet the cannon’s shot won’t ever come in contact with a fly in a mythbuster
test. :-)