Re: Zoom: a window management minor mode -- best practices and questions

From: Andrea Cardaci
Subject: Re: Zoom: a window management minor mode -- best practices and questions
Date: Thu, 10 May 2018 10:11:47 +0000

> But 'set-window-buffer' calls both 'buffer-list-update-hook' and
> 'window-configuration-change-hook' so what are you missing?

I hook `pre-redisplay-function` only and perform the update only when the
following expression changes:

      (format "%s%s" (window-list) track-mouse)

So any event that causes `pre-redisplay-function` to be called but doesn't
change the expression won't trigger the update.

If I simply save the selected window/buffer then, for example, a simple
window split (`C-x 2`) is not recognized because it does cause a redisplay
but it doesn't change the selected window/buffer.