Re: Zoom: a window management minor mode -- best practices and questions

From: Andrea Cardaci
Subject: Re: Zoom: a window management minor mode -- best practices and questions
Date: Wed, 09 May 2018 16:06:02 +0000

> So saving the selected window and the buffer it displays is
> the best thing one can do.

I'm not sure this is enough, it would not catch the case where the selected
window/buffer doesn't change but others do.

I'm experimenting with the following expression to be used as a guard (I
need `track-mouse` to properly delay the update during a mouse selection):

       (format "%s%s" (window-list) track-mouse)

In this solution I simply hook `pre-redisplay-function` and use the above
to avoid unnecessary relayouts. It seems to work so far...