Re: Bidirectional text and URLs

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: Bidirectional text and URLs
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2014 15:17:02 +0900

Ted Zlatanov writes:

 > I could also add RTL markers and other useful things to uni-confusables

If you do, change the name of the package or at least use a different
library name.  "Confusable" is a technical term in Unicode, and people
familiar with Unicode would not expect directionality related features
to be in the uni-confusables library.

 > suspicious

Eureka!  How about the "uni-suspicious" package, with uni-confusables
and uni-directional libraries?

 > I'm not sure of the right thing because this feels a little bit
 > like core functionality.

+1  Any text (including web documents and programs) might contain a
URL or other "problematic if copied and pasted" phrase.  I've also
seen many students copy math symbols and the like from different
blocks, so "confusables" might be useful in lexing such documents.

Steve