Re: Bidirectional text and URLs

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Bidirectional text and URLs
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2014 16:57:27 +0200

> From: Ted Zlatanov <address@hidden>
> Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2014 06:19:31 -0500
>
> I could also add RTL markers and other useful things to uni-confusables
> if you think it's the right place

I don't think it's TRT to highlight these controls regardless of what
characters they affect.  See my other message for why.

> I'm not sure of the right thing because this feels a little bit like
> core functionality.

What is "core functionality" here?  For that matter, what
functionality are we talking about?  We should first decide what we
want to do with these cases, and only then discuss whether that
functionality belongs to the core.