Re: package.el, auto-installation, and auto-removal

From: Nic Ferrier
Subject: Re: package.el, auto-installation, and auto-removal
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2014 22:17:46 +0000

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

> Ah, that's where you're going.  I kind of like the idea, but I don't
> like the idea of editing the content of packages in ~/.emacs.d/elpa
> (even if only for some "special" packages like "user-package").

You don't edit that. You edit the source somewhere else and then
automatically install it.

I'd suggest that the package could be constructed automatically every
time. If the necessary data is kept in a customize variable anyway it
doesn't matter about the package source.

It only matters that a package is a good way to load other packages.

Nic