Re: Trunk still not open

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Trunk still not open
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2014 08:51:07 +0100

> Juanma Barranquero writes:
>  > On Mon, Mar 17, 2014 at 5:43 AM, Stephen J. Turnbull <address@hidden>
> wrote:
>  >
>  > > It very rare that a person who can code is incapable
>  > > of writing docs to an acceptable level of quality.  It is of course
>  > > common that they have had little practice at it.
>
>  > I'm not bragging; I'm pointing out that I can put words together well
>  > enough to be professionally published. And yet, I *suck* at it, I'm
>  > extremely slow and inefficient doing that work, because of the simple
>  > fact that I *HATE* writing.
>
> Except when posting to mailing lists?<wink/>

   “I didn't have time to write a short letter, so I wrote a long one
   instead.” -- Mark Twain

Documentation is like writing short letters.  There is a similar message
in the joke

    When the head of the experimental physics department approached the
    dean because of funding a particle accelerator, the dean sighed "Why
    can't you be more like the mathematicians?  They just need pen and
    paper and a wastebasket and are busy for years.  And the
    philosophers don't even need a wastebasket."

--
David Kastrup