Re: DVCSes, bug trackers, and GNUness

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: DVCSes, bug trackers, and GNUness
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 18:17:42 +0800

Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <address@hidden> writes:

> in Octave, another GNU package, we do use Savannah, and boy would I
> like to have it fixed. I'm working on doing just that by finishing the
> Python rewrite of Savane, and if email support is what it takes to
> stop using debbugs, I would very much like some help doing that.

Thanks for helping to work on Savane.

One nice thing about debbugs.gnu.org, though, is that it's a dedicated
VM that we (i.e. some Emacs developers) have root access to.  So we can
tweak stuff without worrying about breaking thousands of dependent
projects.  At this point, the system works smoothly enough that it's not
worth migrating away.