Re: Kickstarter for Emacs

From: Tom
Subject: Re: Kickstarter for Emacs
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 11:20:58 +0000 (UTC)

Jambunathan K <kjambunathan <at> gmail.com> writes:

> > I (and lots of others) would readily donate some money if I could
> > steer the development to features which I personally need. That's
> > why the feature-level funding is important.
>
> Could you please point to your Emacs/Java IDE proposal on Kickstarter's
> website?

You misunderstood me. I don't want to implement it myself, but
I'd gladly fund the implementation of this feature (together with
quite a few others).

So I started this thread to raise awareness about this specific funding
model, so if somebody is interested to do it and thinks he has the
necessary knowledge for it then he can start such an improvement proposal
for Emacs.

Here are some examples which Eclipse can do with Java code and
which would be useful in Emacs (in addition to intelligent,
context-aware completion, of course):

Quick assist: http://goo.gl/nv4nn

Quick fix: http://goo.gl/LL5TQ