Re: How does the Emacs bug tracker work?

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: How does the Emacs bug tracker work?
Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2011 14:03:38 -0400

Michael Albinus wrote:

> What does cause the load? debbugs-get-bugs or debbugs-get-status? I
> suspect the latter one, which could carry an arbitrary number of
> bugnumbers.

I think you are right; at least the former doesn't have much of an
effect on the load.

> debbugs-get-status, the frontend could ask (like in gnus):
>
>   How many articles from gmane.emacs.devel (available 140599, default 200):

OK, except there should be a hard-coded upper limit on the number you
can fetch at any one time (really this should be implemented on the
server I guess, argh, but it would be great if the client could
implement it). Say 500?