Re: debbugs.el revisited

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: debbugs.el revisited
Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2011 20:03:03 +0200

Glenn Morris <address@hidden> writes:

> Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen wrote:
>
>> The version number is the version number the fix has been applied to?
>> Then perhaps it could just default to sending over
>>
>> emacs-version
>> => "24.0.50.6"
>>
>> if the user doesn't override it?
>
> I think that's a bad idea. The right number to use in that case would be
> "24.1", ie the first _release_ in which something is fixed. "24.0.50.6",
> or even "24.0.50" is a meaningless version number.
> Obviously you could automatically deduce "24.1" and use that instead,
> but I think passing a version number by default is not a good idea.
> Just give the option to specify a version number when the user thinks
> it's appropriate, and otherwise don't pass one.

I've implemented it by prompting the user; she could change. The default
version number is the same as used by `report-emacs-bug', "24.0.50" this
case.

I see your point, using a _release_ number. I'll change.

Btw, <http://debbugs.gnu.org/server-control.html> documents it as

close bugnumber [ fixed-version ] (deprecated)

What does the "deprecated" means to us?

Best regards, Michael.