Re: testing framework and package.el

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: testing framework and package.el
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 20:36:58 -0400

> /usr/local/src/Emacsen -+- trunk    -+- etc
>                         |            +- lisp
>                         |            +- src
>                         +- emacs-23 -+- etc
>                         |            +- lisp
>                         |            +- src
>                         +- tests    -+- automated
>                                      +- crashers
>                                      +- ui

> instead of having a separate copy

> /usr/local/src/Emacsen -+- trunk    -+- etc
>                         |            +- lisp
>                         |            +- src
>                         |            +- tests -+- automated
>                                                +- crashers
>                                                +- ui
>                         +- emacs-23 -+- etc
>                                      +- lisp
>                                      +- src
>                                      +- tests -+- automated
>                                                +- crashers
>                                                +- ui

That makes a lot of sense to me (except for the unacceptable use of
a capital letter in a filename, which I assume you only put there as
a form of provocation).

We should indeed turn the current `test' subdirectory into a new
Bzr branch.  If/when we need tests that are really
implementation-specific we will see how to deal with them.

        Stefan