Re: testing framework and package.el

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: testing framework and package.el
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2010 10:43:34 -0600

On the relation between tests and core code, how should regular Emacs
code standards be applied to tests.  For example
- need my tests compile cleanly w/o warnings
- may I require 'cl-seq in my testing files
- must I ensure that every test file name is unique in the first X many
  characters

I'd think one driving factor should be how we anticipate the tests being
used, e.g. will they mainly be run for one project at a time to as part
of the development process, or will the entire Emacs tests suite
(assuming one exists at some point in the future) often be run en mass?

Best -- Eric