Re: delete-file to trash

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: delete-file to trash
Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 11:17:26 +0200

On Saturday 22 May 2010 07:37:32 you wrote:

> > Basically no application except file managers delete by moving to
> > trash.  So dired (and eshell) should do that by default
>
> Eshell is not a file manager.

Well, a shell is a superset of a file manager.  Eshell mode is a
corner-case.  It would be the only shell where files move to
trash...

Anyway, my point is to make moving to trash defaulting to true in modes
where users handle files intentionally, that is, they know they handle
files, as opposed to modes like Gnus, where it is only a coincidence
that mails on a certain backend are plain files (Maildir, nnml) but
other's are not (mbox, IMAP).

But it should definitively be true for modes like dired, image-dired,
and EMMS (which is not included in emacs).

Bye,
Tassilo