Re: delete-file to trash

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: delete-file to trash
Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 00:39:43 +0300

> From: Leo <address@hidden>
> Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 20:48:43 +0100
>
> Anyway it seems it is harmful to use this feature.

I think the whole idea is fundamentally flawed.  Somebody got envious
of the terrible MS invention and wanted to have it on Posix platforms.
The implementation is not the culprit, it's the idea that is simply
wrong.  There's no chance in the world that we could ever have a good
way of deciding programmatically when to move to trash and when not.
Only a human can decide that.

FWIW, when I work on Windows and happen to delete files from the
Explorer, I always hold the Shift key.