Re: Window configurations

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Window configurations
Date: Wed, 05 May 2010 09:22:35 -0400

>> A `slow' tag in the bookmark record would be useful not only for
>> desktop.el.
> Isn't the usual term for this "lazy", as in "lazy evaluation"?

I don't think so.  At least the the way I intend this `slow' to work: it
would simply indicate that fetching the corresponding bookmark can take
an unusually high amount of time.

Now, the users of that bookmark (e.g. desktop.el or the user) can then
make their own decision about how to handle such bookmarks, maybe
desktop could try and fetch them lazily indeed (e.g. delay fetching them
until the corresponding buffer is displayed).

        Stefan