How do you load remove-if?

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: How do you load remove-if?
Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 02:34:51 +0200

I just took a look at checkdoc-batch.el. It looks very useful (and I
think it maybe should be included in Emacs), but it uses

  (require 'cl)

So I mailed Kevin and said that it should be (eval-when-compile
(require 'cl)). He answered that this will not work since it uses
delete-if which is a function. Then I noticed that remove-if is
autoloaded so it looks to me like you do not have to require any
library, or?

But looking at the file cl-seq.el I saw another thing. It does
(require 'cl) without eval-when-compile. Should it be like that? If
remove-if is used then cl will be loaded because of this, or?