Re: Gnus branches and sync with Emacs

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: Gnus branches and sync with Emacs
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 16:06:18 +0900

Ted Zlatanov writes:
 > On Mon, 20 Jul 2009 22:42:24 +0200 Reiner Steib <address@hidden> wrote:
 >
 > RS> Personally, I could live with such an arrangement, since i didn't have
 > RS> much time for Gnus development recently.  But I also don't see much
 > RS> problem to have two branches

 > I hope the bzr repository, when available, will make all this easier.

Maybe a little.  In a technical sense it will be substantially less
work (but probably not nearly as low as half as much work) for whoever
does the syncing.  However, if you're not going to do the work, you
still have to find somebody else to do it.  You also have to change
the habits of those who are currently active.

What the bzr repo will make definitely *much* easier *immediately* is
for you to keep your own bleeding edge branch locally, and then push
from there to the Gnus mainline when it's "open for commits".  You'll
need to learn more of bzr than you might otherwise, but it's worth it.