Re: Image DLLs for the Windows binary of Emacs 22.2

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: Image DLLs for the Windows binary of Emacs 22.2
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 21:39:46 +0000

Ralf Angeli wrote:
You can check out how I did that by looking at
<URL:ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/auctex/emacs+auctex-src-2007-07-07.zip>.
There is a Makefile included in the ZIP archive below `emacs+auctex'
which does the assembly of the whole package and copies the libraries to
Emacs' `bin' directory in course of that.

Can the libraries be built from the source that is included? Does it require proprietary tools (ie MSVC)? Are the image libraries old versions that are full of known security vulnerabilities?

I don't think people cheering from the sidelines appreciate what a minefield the image libraries on Windows are.