Re: unicode-2, Emacs.app terminal mode after multi-tty merge

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: unicode-2, Emacs.app terminal mode after multi-tty merge
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 22:30:59 +0200

> Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 09:49:45 +0300
> From: "Adrian Robert" <address@hidden>
>
> I tracked this down a bit and found the green/yellow is coming from
> FACE_TTY_DEFAULT_FG_COLOR and FACE_TTY_DEFAULT_BG_COLOR in
> dispextern.h: these are defined to 2 and 3 respectively.

??? Where did you see them defined to 2 and 3?  I see -2 and -3:

    /* Color index indicating that face uses an unknown foreground color.  */

    #define FACE_TTY_DEFAULT_FG_COLOR ((unsigned long) -2)

    /* Color index indicating that face uses an unknown background color.  */

    #define FACE_TTY_DEFAULT_BG_COLOR ((unsigned long) -3)

This is with today's CVS.

> Also this color list seems a little strange, why does white get 58853
> instead of 65535?  I know there is color approximation code in
> tty-colors.el, but why would it even get activated for 'white', or if
> so, why not generate 65535?

tty-colors.el is activated for _all_ colors (where else do you want
Emacs to get RGB values of terminal colors? the terminal does not tell
us, so we need to invent the values), but it does generate 65535 for
white, as you can see yourself.