Re: address@hidden: Re: redisplay]

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: address@hidden: Re: redisplay]
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 14:27:22 -0400

Stefan Monnier wrote:

> In any case, I have regularly seen similar problems when leaving
> Emacs: if I have processes running, Emacs displays a *processes*
> list, and because of my pop-up-frames (and/or
> special-display-regexps) settings, it does it by first popping up a
> new frame displaying this *processes* buffer, and then pops up a
> dialog asking me whether I really want to quit. The problem is that
> the *processes* frame is generally blank at that point.

I've seen something which sounds like this as well. I see it
reproducibly with:

emacs -Q
(setq special-display-regexps '(".*-diff\\*"))
(add-to-list 'minor-mode-map-alist
               `(vc-mode keymap
                         (menu-bar keymap
                                   (VC menu-item "VC" ,vc-menu-map))))

Then I visit a file under version control, make some changes, then
select VC->Revert to Base Version from the menu-bar. A frame with the
diffs gets popped up, as well as a dialogue box saying "Discard
Changes? Yes No". The diff frame is empty of mode-line and buffer
contents.

This is with:

x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, X toolkit
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.60802000
--with-x-toolkit=athena --without-toolkit-scroll-bars